Dow Corning One Part Silicon Rubber Sealants for Bonding, Sealing & Caulking
RTV 730 Dow Corning ® 730 Solvent Resistant Sealant
- Primary Use – Bonding, sealing and caulking where resistance to fuels, oils and solvents is required.
- Applications – Assembling and repairing fuel lines and tanks; bonding components exposed to fuels, oils, solvents; making formed-in-place gaskets for chemical compressors, fluid-filled distributors and transformers; repairing rubber linings exposed to corrosive conditions; sealing pipe joints on lines carrying corrosive chemicals.
RTV 732 Dow Corning ® 732 Multi-Purpose Sealant
- Primary Use – General purpose bonding and sealing; making formed-in-place gaskets.
- Applications – Sealing flashing, vents, flues, gutters, marine cabins and windows, electrical boxes; caulking joints in sheet metal stacks, ductwork; bonding appliance parts, signs and sign letters; adhering auto trim, appliance trim, name plates; making formed-in-place gaskets for compressors, gearboxes, pumps.
RTV 734 Dow Corning ® 734 Flowable Sealant
- Primary Use – To fill voids, cracks, crevices; conformal coating for connections and battery terminals.
- Applications – Coating mechanical devices; making formed-in-place gaskets for compressors, gearboxes, pumps; potting electrical terminals; sealing ammunition fuses, trailers, truck cabs.
RTV 736 Dow Corning ® 736 Heat Resistant Sealant
- Primary Use – Sealing and bonding applications exposed to temperatures as high as 600 degrees Fahrenheit (315 degrees Celsius).
- Applications – Sealing fired heaters, flanged pipe joints, access doors, moving oven belts, industrial ovens and boilers, plywood drying ovens, bag filters on smoke stacks, flues on gas appliances; bonding appliance parts, electrical and electronic equipment; caulking joints in sheet metal stacks, ductwork.
RTV 786 Dow Corning ® 786 Mildew Resistant Sealant
- Primary Use – One part acetoxy silicone rubber sealant which has excellent adhesion to a variety of non-porous surfaces. It contains a food grade fungicide.Interior sealing applications exposed to high moisture. Ideal for sealing refrigeration units and areas where food contact is likely.
- Special Characteristics - One part non-slumping RTV paste. Tough, rubbery solid.
- Applications – Sealing tubs, sinks, plumbing fixtures, interior walls.
- Temperature Range - From 5 to 40 degrees Celsius.
RTV 1890 Dow Corning ® 1890 Protective Coating
- Primary Use – General purpose coating for protecting motors and electrical equipment; maintenance coating.
- Special Characteristics – Excellent moisture protection and resistance to sand, dust, dirt particles; easy to apply, thin coatings will not run or drip when applied to vertical or overhead surfaces.
- Applications – Coating motor windings, bus bars, splines, connectors, transformers, insulators, trailers, truck cabs, wooden pole tops.
RTV 236 Dow Corning ® 236 Dispersion Coating
- Primary Use – Release coating for protective surfaces from weathering, corrosion and dirt.
- Special Characteristics – Excellent release; weather resistance; excellent electrical insulator.
- Applications – Easing clean-up of latex manufacturing equipment and paint-spraying operations and removal of flash in urethane and polyester molding; preventing adhesion and build-up on conveyor belts, paper and fabric rolls; reducing build-up on waste-handling equipment.
RTV 737 Dow Corning ® 737 Neutral Cure Sealant
- Primary Use – Used in applications with continuous exposure to 260°C. General manufacturing assembly operations where quick cure and good adhesion are important.
- Special Characteristics - One part silicone rubber, non-slumping.
- Applications – OEM and assembly applications; substitute for mechanical fasteners on appliances; adhering plastic moldings to plastic substrates; waterproofing components, sealing coaxial connectors, protecting instrumentation; may be used on concrete and masonry.
RTV 738 Dow Corning ® 738 Electrical Sealant
- Primary Use – Bonding and sealing.
- Applications – Bonding and sealing corrosion-sensitive electrical and electronic equipment.
RTV 739 Dow Corning ® 739 Plastic Adhesive
- Primary Use – Adhering, bonding and sealing plastic and metal; making formed-in-place gaskets.
- Applications – Adhering auto trim, appliance trim and parts; assembling plastic toys; bonding gaskets in refrigeration units, signs and sign letters; caulking cement and masonry; making formed-in-place gaskets for compressors, gearboxes, pumps; sealing flashing, vents, gutters, marine cabins and windows; waterproofing leak proof tractor cabs.
RTV 748 Dow Corning ® 748 Noncorrosive Sealant
- Primary Use – Electrical sealing applications; food processing and transportation applications.
- Applications – Bonding and sealing electrical equipment, power and control connections, motors, cover plates, instrument lenses, regulators, junction boxes, control panels; sealing refrigerator and freezer liners.
RTV 832 Dow Corning ® 832 Multi-Surface Adhesive/Sealant
- Primary Use – Engineered for use as an all-purpose assembly and maintenance sealant, it bonds to many surfaces and offers superior adhesion to glass, metal, masonry, concrete, rubbers and plastics. Bonding, sealing and assembly where a noncorrosive sealant is required.
- Special Characteristics - One-component, ready-to-use silicone material that seals, bonds and protects.
- Applications – Sealing and repairing roof penetrations, gutters, concrete floor seams, marine equipment and windows, pipes, threaded connections; assembling original equipment components.
RTV 2500 Dow Corning® HM-2500 Assembly Sealant
- Primary Use – Assembly, bonding, sealing, gasket and other applications that require instant adhesion and high green strength.
- Special Characteristics – 100% silicone, instant adhesion, ultra clear and cures to long lasting silicone sealant.
- Applications – Hot melt reactive sealant that works well in OEM and assembly applications, very good adhesion to most substrates without the need of a primer. With its instant adhesion, parts can be shipped out quickly yet has a long open time, long pot life, and low voc.
RTV 3145 Dow Corning ® 3145 Silicone Adhesive
- Primary Use – Typically used as a sealing or bonding agent. 3145 requires no mixing, heating or solvents. With its non-sag, non-flowing consistency, it can be applied to overhead or vertical seams and/or joints, for interior or exterior applications.
- Special Characteristics – Non-flowing, high tensile, elongation, peel and lap shear values.
RTV 3140 Dow Corning ® 3140 Conformal Coating
- Designed for use in corrosion-sensitive electrical/electronic equipment. It is a clear/translucent material and allows easy visual component identification. Good dielectric properties over a wide temperature range.