Copaltite - High Temperature & High Pressure Sealing & Threading Compounds
Copaltite is the leading high temperature, high pressure sealant on the market today. It comes in two forms: liquid and cement. The liquid form is used for sealing threads and machined connections to obtain close tolerances. The cement form is used on rough or scored surfaces. Both the liquid and cement come in a 5 ounce tube or a 1 quart can. Although normally used without a gasket, it makes an excellent gasket dressing for flanges and other fittings to be used at high temperatures and pressures. Copaltite high pressure sealing compound is unexcelled.
Capable of Withstanding:
- Steam joints at 2000 PSI - 1,200 ° F
- Flanges without gaskets up to 6,500 PSI
- Threaded joints holding 10,000 PSI
Economical & Ready to Use in These Industries & More:
- Power Utilities
- Pulp and Paper
- Heavy Equipment
Copaltite's Unique Properties Include:
- Effective in temperature range of 315° F to 1500° F.
- Can use heat as catalyst to help cure seal in 15 minutes.
- Low shrinkage and coefficient of expansion.
- Copaltite sealants enable easy separation of joints after extended use at extremely high temperatures.
- Resists most chemicals. Copaltite is used on lines containing steam, ammonia, hydrocarbons, refrigerants, hydraulic fluids, propane, brine, acids, and mild alkalis.
- Adheres to metals, ceramics, rubber and most plastics.
- Withstands severe vibrations and thermal shock.
- Completely meets Navy test requirements for use on marine turbines at 1200 PSI and 950° F (MIL-S-15204D).
- Copaltite sealants consistently out perform other high pressure and high temperature pipe dopes.
Some Typical Uses of Copaltite High Temperature & Pressure Sealants:
- Steam Turbines
- Leak repair
- Pressure Vessels
- Refrigeration Lines
- Pressure Gas Lines
- Heat Exchangers
- Hydraulic Systems