NLGI Grade 3, translucent light gray, used primarily for insulators and high current switches given it has the highest dielectric strength.
- Primary Use – A dielectric compound used on insulators and bushings; as a lubricant for high-current switches.
- Special Characteristics – Nonconductive; water repellent; helps prevent formation of conductive paths; long lasting.
- Physical Form – Translucent light-gray, heavy-consistency, grease-like silicone paste.
- Applications – Protecting transmission insulators, distribution line insulators, power substation bushings, pole top disconnect switches, insulator threads and bolts, service entrance cable, meters.
- Temperature Range – From -65 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (-54 to 232 degrees Celsius).
- Container Sizes – Tubes and pails.