Reducing friction and wear on parts during assembly and breaking-in.
- Primary Use – Reducing friction and wear on parts during assembly and breaking-in
- Special Characteristics – Low coefficient of friction; extreme loads; low speeds
- Physical Form – Gray-black paste or a spray of MoS2 and other lubricating solids in mineral oil.
- Applications – Breaking in bearings, splines, gears, cams, tracks; lubricating gears, chains, conveyor tracks, threaded connections; lubricating during metal forming, general parts assembly, press-fitting, cold extrusion.
- Temperature Range – Solids to 750° F (300°C); base oil from 0 to 250°F (-18 to 121°C)
- Limitations – Not recommended for use in pressure lines or grease guns; reduce torque values by approximately 1/3 when used on threaded connections.
- Container sizes – tube, pail, drum, spray