DOWSIL OS-2 Silicone Cleaner and Surface Prep Solvent
SKU:Dow Corning OS-2 Silicone Cleaner and Surface Prep Solvent
Non Ozone depleting, VOC exempt, silicone cleaner to clean plastic and metals. Excellent for removing oils, silicone-based car wax and protectants.
- Primary Use – Removing oils, greases, waxes and sealant residue – especially silicone; cleaning surfaces to be painted, bonded or sealed; replacing VOC solvents.
- Special Characteristics – VOC exempt (VOC = 0 g/L). Certified as a Clean Air Solvent by the California South Coast Air Quality Management District. Easy to use, low in toxicity, essentially odorless. Safe on plastics and non-corrosive to metals. Ideal for diluting and tailoring the viscosity of silicones.
- Applications – Cleaning plastics, metals, other surfaces, or preparing these surfaces for painting, bonding or sealing.
- Limitations – This product may not remove highly polar contaminants.
- Container Sizes – Can, pail and drum.
Aerosol - Yes°
Boiling Point - 109°C
Flash Point, Closed Cup - -3°C
Freezing Point - -80°C
Kinetic/Kinematic Viscosity - 0.78 Centistokes
Low Odor - Yes
Number of Parts - One
Shelf Life - 720 Days
Specific Gravity @ 25°C - 0.78
Vapor Pressure - 31.59 mm Hg @ 25°C
Volatile Organic Content - 0 g/liter