Reducing friction and wear on parts during assembly and breaking-in.
- Primary Use – Reducing friction and wear on parts during assembly and breaking-in.
- Special Characteristics – Low coefficient of friction; extreme loads; low speeds.
- Physical Form – Gray-black paste or spray of MoS 2 and other lubricating solids in mineral oil.
- Applications – Breaking-in bearings, splines, gears, cams, tracks; lubricating gears, chains, conveyor tracks, thread cutting; lubricating during metal forming, general parts assembly, press-fitting, cold extrusion.
- Temperature Range – Solids to 750 degrees Fahrenheit (400 degrees Celsius); base oil from 0 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (-18 to 121 degrees Celsius).
- Limitations – Reduce torque values by approximately 1/3 when used on threaded connections.
- Container Sizes – Spray.