Dry powder lubricant in metal working; as an additive in other lubricants.
- Primary Use –Dry powder lubricant in metal working; as an additive in other lubricants.
- Special Characteristics – Reduces torque and friction; lubricates even when pressures approach 500,000 PSI (3,500,000 kPa); resists liquid or gaseous oxygen, radiation, chemical and vacuum environments; meets MIL spec; operates over a wide temperature range; helps prevent fretting corrosion, galling and seizing.
- Physical Form – Black, highly purified MoS 2 powder.
- Applications – Press-fitting, assembly, metal forming, running-in new or rebuilt equipment; helps prevent cold welding of metal surfaces under static pressure or vibration (fretting corrosion).
- Temperature Range – From –375 to 750 degrees Fahrenheit (-226 to 399 degrees Celsius).
- Listings/Specifications – MIL-M-7866.
- Container Sizes – Bottles, pails and drums.