Plastic Oil Sight Glass Supplier - Oil Sight Glasses
Inspect Oil & Drain Water
The Esco Oil Sight Glass (OSG) is the model that started the Visual Oil Inspection product line over 40 years ago. Water wreaks havoc on lubrication systems, causing premature wear. With the OSG, users have an immediate, 360° visual inspection of the oil and the ability to drain any accumulated water. The OSG, often referred to as a BS&W bowl or water separator, can be installed directly to a drain port located at the bottom of a reservoir or with an elbow for drain ports located on the side of the equipment. The spring loaded drain valve is utilized to drain off any water contamination. Any sediment or particles in the lubricating fluid will matriculate to the oil sight glass where, upon inspection, the user can determine the appropriate action.
- What is an oil sight glass?
- Often referred to as a BS&W bowl or water separator, the oil sight glass attaches to the drain port of your equipment and gives an immediate 360-degree view of oil condition, and offers the ability to drain accumulated water from the equipment.
- How does the oil sight glass work?
- Because the OSG is installed at the drain port, water is heavier than oil and will collect at the bottom of the sight glass and separate from the oil. The operator can monitor this occurrence and drain off the water contamination by lifting the spring-loaded drain valve (water, even a tiny bit, in equipment is BAD).
- What are the types of sight glasses?
- The Oil Sight Glasses we offer are the Hex-Duty Oil Sight Glass, the Des-Case Oil Sight Glass, the Large volume oil sight glasses (when you have a lot of water accumulation), and the high-temperature oil sight glasses (high temp applications)
- What are the components of an oil sight glass?
- The components are the cast acrylic bottle, brass hex nipple for installation, and a brass, spring-loaded drain valve. The other versions that are not the Hex duty are a little different. The Des-Case Oil Sight Glass is made of a polyamide bottle, brass hex nipple, and brass spring-loaded drain valve. The high-temperature sight glass is made of a pyrex bottle and has two Teflon endcaps with stainless steel fittings
Heavy-duty, monolithic oil inspection tool with hexagonal bottom for easier installation. The new Hex-Duty OSG is made of a single piece of UV resistant acrylic . Stronger and more durable, with double the pressure rating at 400 psi. The concave interior bottom allows for easy water draining. Perfect for industrial applications and harsh environments.As low as $69.95Shop Now
The Esco Large Volume Oil Sight Glass vertical models of 16 oz and 32 oz capacity are used in situations where water contamination is severe or the operators want to observe larger volumes of oil. See below for product details, specifications, temperature and pressure ratings and size and part number chart.As low as $189.00Shop Now
- When radiant heat is a factor, Esco offers a High Temperature Oil Sight Glass as a solution. Offered in 1 ounce or 3 ounce vertical mount, it attaches to the drain valve of equipment and provides immediate oil inspection and ability to see and drain water contamination for high heat applications up to 450°F. See below for product details, specifications, temperature and pressure ratings and size and part number chart.As low as $275.63Shop Now
The Des-Case Oil Sight Glass (OSG), made of high-performance transparent polyamide, allows immediate visual inspection of the oil and the ability to drain accumulated water through the spring-loaded drain valve. The OSG is installs either vertically or horizontally to the drain port located at the bottom of the reservoir or with an elbow for drain ports on the sides of equipment. See below for product details, specifications, temperature and pressure ratings and part number chart.As low as $63.33Shop Now