Oil Sight Glass Supplier
Heavy-duty, monolithic oil inspection tool with hexagonal bottom for easier installation. The new Hex-Duty OSG is made of a single piece of UV resistant acrylic . Stronger and more durable, with double the pressure rating at 400 psi. The concave interior bottom allows for easy water draining. Perfect for industrial applications and harsh environments.As low as $69.95Shop Now
Size: 3 ounce bottle, 1/2" NPT
The High Temperature Oil Sight Glass was developed for extreme conditions where oil operating temperatures or radiant heat from adjacent equipment exceeds or is continually as or near the standard Oil Sight Glass' operating range. This high temperature sight glass comes with heavy-walled Pyrex®, Glass-filled Teflon® end plates, Vition o-rings, Stainless steel machine screws and is good in environments up to 450° F and up to 225 psi. Esco's high temperature sight glass makes inspecting the bearing oil in pumps in high temperature environments worry-free. Offered in one size only - 3 ounce bottle with 1/2 " NPT.$429.00
The Des-Case Oil Sight Glass (OSG), made of high-performance transparent polyamide, allows immediate visual inspection of the oil and the ability to drain accumulated water through the spring-loaded drain valve. The OSG is installs either vertically or horizontally to the drain port located at the bottom of the reservoir or with an elbow for drain ports on the sides of equipment. See below for product details, specifications, temperature and pressure ratings and part number chart.As low as $63.33Shop Now
The Esco Large Volume Oil Sight Glass vertical models of 16 oz and 32 oz capacity are used in situations where water contamination is severe or the operators want to observe larger volumes of oil. See below for product details, specifications, temperature and pressure ratings and size and part number chart.As low as $207.71Shop Now
- What is an oil sight glass?
- Often referred to as a BS&W bowl or water separator, the oil sight glass attaches to the drain port of your equipment and gives an immediate 360-degree view of oil condition, and offers the ability to drain accumulated water from the equipment.
- How does the oil sight glass work?
- Because the OSG is installed at the drain port, water is heavier than oil and will collect at the bottom of the sight glass and separate from the oil. The operator can monitor this occurrence and drain off the water contamination by lifting the spring-loaded drain valve (water, even a tiny bit, in equipment is BAD).
- What are the types of sight glasses?
- The Oil Sight Glasses we offer are the Hex-Duty Oil Sight Glass, the Des-Case Oil Sight Glass, the Large volume oil sight glasses (when you have a lot of water accumulation), and the high-temperature oil sight glasses (high temp applications)
- What are the components of an oil sight glass?
- The components are the cast acrylic bottle, brass hex nipple for installation, and a brass, spring-loaded drain valve. The other versions that are not the Hex duty are a little different. The Des-Case Oil Sight Glass is made of a polyamide bottle, brass hex nipple, and brass spring-loaded drain valve. The high-temperature sight glass is made of a pyrex bottle and has two Teflon endcaps with stainless steel fittings