Molykote® G-Rapid Plus
SKU: Molykote® G-Rapid Plus
Mineral oil-based anti-seize paste with solid lubricants including molybdenum disulfide, graphite and white solids for assembly and run-in. Offered in paste and aerosol spray formats.
MOLYKOTE® G-Rapid Plus Paste is a premium anti-seize lubricant for metallic components and fittings subject to extreme pressure and low to moderate movements. the paste is used for reducing friction and wear on parts during assembly and breaking-in.
- Primary Use – Reducing friction and wear on parts during assembly and breaking-in.
- Special Characteristics – Low coefficient of friction; good extreme pressure capability; protects seizure and stick-slip occurrence; excellent anti-wear performance, provides easy assembly/disassembly; great surface coverage performance; prevents fretting corrosion and rust, broad operatint service temperature range
- Physical Form – Gray-black paste or spray of MoS 2 and other lubricating solids in mineral oil.
- Applications – Breaking-in bearings; permanent lubrication in mechanical components with intermittent movement; threaded spindles; splined shafts; tooth or worm gears; fittings and joints; pump systems; sliding guides on machingin tools; wind turbine shrink discs; roller element and ball bearings; pulleys; wheel flanges and bolts; metalworking drilling, sawing and thread cutting
- Temperature Range – Solids to 750 degrees Fahrenheit (400 degrees Celsius); base oil from 0 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (-18 to 121 degrees Celsius).
- Limitations – Reduce torque values by approximately 1/3 when used on threaded connections.
- Container Sizes – 13.5 oz Spray, 8 oz can, 1 kg can
Solid Lubricant: MoS2, graphite, white solids
Low Temp: -35°C (-31°F)
High Temp: 400°C (842°F)
Density at 20°C: 1.40 g/ml